Rules and Regulations
- Ticket purchasers must be 18 years or older to enter the Humane Society London & Middlesex Catch the Ace Raffle.
- Ticket purchasers must be located in Ontario at the time of purchase.
- The following persons are prohibited from purchasing tickets in the Humane Society London & Middlesex Catch the Ace Raffle:
- Humane Society London & Middlesex Staff and Board of Directors
- Employees of registered gaming suppliers involved in the HSLM Catch the Ace
- Members of the same household of each of the above
- Tickets must be purchased in the province of Ontario.
- Tickets may be purchased online at www.hslmcatchtheace.ca.
- Tickets will be available beginning at 1:00 p.m. every Friday, following the previous week’s draw.
- Tickets are available at the following bundle prices: 5 for $10, 20 for $30, or 40 for $40.
- Ticket purchasers will select a virtual envelope number from the remaining unopened envelopes available at the time of purchase. Each envelope number corresponds to an envelope in the Catch the Ace Display case which contains a hidden playing card from a standard 52 card deck. The number of envelopes available for selection begins with 52 and declines by one each week until the Ace of Spades is revealed.
- Each purchaser will select a single envelope number. The selected envelope number will be associated with all tickets included in the ticket order. Multiple envelope numbers may not be selected within a single ticket order.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets available.
- All tickets will be delivered via email only, within 24 hours of the order confirmation. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to ensure that they receive their tickets, however, purchasers do not need their tickets in hand to be included in the draws. If you have not received your tickets, please contact customer service via email at email@example.com.
Draw Board Preparation – Catch the Ace Display Case
- A minimum of two Humane Society London & Middlesex bona fide members must participate in the Draw Board preparation.
- Before commencing the lottery ticket sales, a deck of 52 playing cards will be randomly shuffled and left face down.
- Without being revealed, each of the playing cards will be placed in identical, sealed envelopes.
- The envelopes will then be shuffled.
- The envelopes will then be given a number label marked from 1 to 52.
- The envelopes will be placed in numerical order in a locked display case that will act as the Draw Board.
- The Draw Board will always be under the care of a Humane Society London & Middlesex bona fide member in a securely locked office.
Draws, Prizes, and Winners
- Ticket sales will conclude every Thursday at 8:00 p.m. All qualified tickets will be confirmed the following morning prior to the weekly draw.
- A single ticket number will be selected each week by a Random Number Generator (RNG) program, from all raffle ticket numbers sold during the week leading up to the draw.
- The weekly draw will be electronically conducted from MNP Office located at 495 Richmond Street, Suite 700, London every Friday* commencing at approximately 12:00 p.m., followed manually by unveiling the card number selected from the Catch the Ace Display Case located at the Humane Society London & Middlesex office at 624 Clarke Road, London, Ontario N5V 3K5. The unveiling of the card will be broadcasted live on the Humane Society London & Middlesex Facebook and Instagram pages.
* The following dates will be adjusted to account for Holidays:
Good Friday (April 2) – ticket sales end March 31 and draw date April Christmas Eve (December 24) – ticket sales end December 22 and draw date December 23
New Years Eve (December 31) – ticket sales end December 29 and draw date December 30
- Each weekly draw winner will receive a single cash prize equal to 20 percent of all ticket sales collected during the week. Following the weekly draw, the playing card within the envelope associated with the winning ticket order will be revealed from the Catch the Ace Display Case.
- The locked Catch the Ace Display Case will be unlocked.
- The chosen envelope will be removed.
- The Catch the Ace Display Case will be locked.
- The sealed envelope will be opened.
- The card will be removed and revealed.
- If the envelope associated with the winning weekly draw ticket reveals the Ace of Spades, the weekly draw winner will also receive the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot, consisting of 30 percent of all ticket sales collected over all weeks. The Humane Society London & Middlesex Catch the Ace Raffle is then concluded.
- If the envelope associated with the winning weekly draw ticket reveals any playing card other than the Ace of Spades, 30 percent of the ticket sales for the week will be added to the Progressive Jackpot. All tickets from the previous week are then voided and ticket sales commence for the next weekly draw.
- The revealed card will be removed from the Display Case and no longer included in the raffle.
- The winning ticket number will be posted to www.hslmcatchtheace.ca following each weekly draw, along with the weekly prize amount and the revealed playing card associated with the weekly winning ticket.
- Ticket holders do not have to be present at the draws in order to win or to claim their prize. The winner will be contacted by phone.
- Prizes will be secured for a period of six (6) months following each weekly draw. Unclaimed prizes will be reported to, and a charitable allocation will be approved by, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- The winner must provide photo identification, verifying their full name, and address upon claiming their prize.
- By purchasing a ticket in the Humane Society London & Middlesex Catch the Ace Raffle, the purchaser acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizing or procedures of lotteries are to be made to Humane Society London & Middlesex prior to the purchase of a ticket.
- All orders will be processed and fulfilled using the MNP LLP raffle management platform. In the event of any discrepancy, the records of MNP LLP shall be deemed correct and final. The liability of the licensee shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
- By claiming a prize, the winner consents to the use of their likeness/photograph, first and last name, ticket number, city/town of residence, and the audio/video recording (or written transcription) of the winner notification telephone call, for any publicity purposes by Humane Society London & Middlesex. Humane Society London & Middlesex respects the privacy of its raffle supporters; we do not sell, rent, or trade our supporter lists. The information we collect is used to process raffle ticket purchases, keep our supporters informed about the activities of the Humane Society London & Middlesex, and ask for their support for our mission to support the animals of London and Middlesex. If at any time you wish to be excluded from such contacts, call us at 519-451-0630 and we will accommodate your request.